Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

When the gang's all there

There is nothing like a night at the ball park enjoying the weather, the game and your baseball friends. If you haven't tried it, you are missing out!

I have to say that once I pass through the stadium gates, all the baggage of the day just literally dissolves. From hearing "Programs!" to the smell of hotdogs to the anticipation of the next base hit or home run - these are only some of the things that make me want to go there night after night.

It's almost sad when a homestand comes to an end and you know that now you'll have to listen to the game on the radio if you want to know what's going on. The good thing about that is that the radio announcer gives you some "insider" information on the players. I still really prefer to be there in person, though it's hard to stay on top of things at home when you work all day and spend the night at the stadium. (Well, until Mr. Stoic kicks us out, that is). So be it! I'm a season ticket holder and happy to be!!

Molly and I have the same sense of humor and we love to cheer, cheer, cheer for the Chiefs - there is NEVER a dull moment at the games. Sometimes, we see things that we don't expect to see and I'm thinking we could start sending forwards with pictures that would be equal or better than anything you might see at Walmart ;) Papertowel Head (see Molly's pictures) received a pretty good butt pinch from the guy she was sitting next to during the National Anthem. Quite amusing to witness, I might add. I'll have to let Molly tell the story about the "BIGS" who were sitting next to me the night before...at any rate, in between cheers there is fun, fun, fun for the fans - especially the ones in Section 207!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I know the topic of my next blog: Baseball & Romance. And I'll share the story of the BIGS.

Miz M (who still must comment anonymously)