Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cheer, Cheer, Cheer for the Chiefs

The Chiefs won! It was a great game, too. Spectacular fifth inning.

TV Stevie and I arrived at the stadium a bit early, not to see the Irish Dancers
(who were a lot of fun to watch), or to see the first pitch (altho' two of the boys throwing out the first pitch are sons of a friend's friend), or even to see Suspect's vacation pictures (which I saw),
but because a former co-worker happens to be in town, calling the Paw-Sox games.

I dare you to guess who!
TV Stevie went up to the broadcast booth with another friend in the business to say hi to former WTVH sports anchor Dan Hoard. TV Stevie took this photo on his iPhone.

Anybody for wings at the Change of Pace?
FIRST BASE COACH WAVE:
  • Carlos Maldanado - big wave and big smile
  • Tug Hulet - waved and smiled, but didn't seem to be into it (altho' Sandee thought he was watching us as we cheered for Seth Bynum's RBI)
  • Jhonatan Solano - big wave and big smile
JERSEY RAFFLE: Pink! Josh Wilkie! Sandee bought tickets but no luck. :-(

INTERESTING OBSERVATION:  Okay, tonight isn't the first time I've noticed this, but it is the first time I actually took a photo.

Spidey!!!!
FUN THING: XG-Man wore seersucker tonight. How awesome is that!

"Everything's for sale. Everything's on sale!"...XG-Man
MOLLY & SANDEE'S PLAYER OF THE GAME: Michael Aubrey. 4 RBIs, including a HR. Yeah.

THE ODDITY OF THE NIGHT: I didn't have my camera ready. Sandee and I saw an unusally dressed woman at the same time and turned to look at each other in complete disbelief. By the time I grabbed my camera, the woman was sitting down. I was ready to snap her photo at the end of the game, but got involved in an intense conversation with another season ticket holder in Section 207 who was upset that people with freebie tix for general admission had come down to sit behind him and were being overly rowdy (unlike Sandee & me with our quiet, lady-like demeanors), and when he complained to the usher, who confirmed the people were using GA tix to sit in a reserved section, the usher let the people sit there anyway. HELLO? Anyway, back to the oddity of the night. I said to Sandee, "That's just what I would wear to a ballgame." Skin-tight blue top, skin-tight gray leggins, and tight black suede boots up to her knees. My description may not sound odd, but trust me (and Sandee), it was odd.

No comments: