Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Half a Night

Due to family obligations, TV Stevie and I didn't get to the stadium until the top of the 6th inning tonight. The first thing we noticed was that the Maven was back. I hugged him. Then I noticed Sandee and Anthony weren't there. Family issues, according to a text message.

So it was a discombobulated evening at the stadium. The score was tied. The stadium was as full as I've seen it this year -- Public Library Night and lots of freebie tickets. It was also very, very loud.

I did give Tall-Mike-the-Assistant-GM the note for Adam Fox. Adam, I hope you find and enjoy the photos of you and your son that are in the archives here.

It was very loud in the stadium tonight. There was a row of kids in front of me (last row of section 109) doing a wave. So trying to say hi to the first base coaches was an exercise in futility. Okay, the 6th inning coach was Corey Brown, so I didn't bother. I did try to call to Carlos when he helped warm up a new pitcher, but he couldn't hear me.Other first base coaches were Tom Milone, Adam Fox, and Brad Meyers. Sorry guys. Maybe next time.

Gwynett scored two runs in the 7th to pull ahead and eventually win the game. The Chiefs should have won, but there were some . . .  interesting calls by the umpires.

In case you're living under a rock, A-Rod was sent to Scranton Wilke-Barre on 8/16 -- one day after the series with Syracuse. Doesn't that figure.

And in case you aren't aware, Tug Hulett is out on paternity leave. No word yet on Baby Hulett. Good luck, Tug!




No comments: