I never posted my notes from August 9, so here they are:
Maven was again missing. TV Stevie has finally touched base with him. I do hope we'll see him during the final games of the season. Section 207 just isn't the same with out him.
|In-game host Dave Anthony|
Miscellaneous game notes:
- The two ice cream sandwiches were still in the net behind home plate.
- Sandee's nickname for Valentino Pascucci caught in with others in the section. He is now somewhat affectionately known as Pistachio.
- The Barking Home Plate Ump was back.
- The game went into extra innings -- and we won! YAY!
Jason Botts Watch: He wasn't in the line-up, but he did coach first base and when we shouted out to him, he lifted his helmet and grinned for us. I noticed that he is back on the 7-day DL. Perhaps he asked to be taken off for those two days because he knows he has fans in Syracuse.
Carlos Maldonado Watch: Carlos was in the game! YAY!!!
First Base Coach Wave (besides J-Botts):
- Tug Hulett grinned for us
- Brad Peacock dissed us. Completely. If I see that young man tonight . . .
- Jhonatan Solano waved
- Jeff Frazier waved
Rumor of the Night: A-Rod would be at the stadium over the weekend, rehabbing with Scranton-Wilkes-Barre. The logic: he's rehabbing, all of the Yankee minor-league affiliates were on the road, making Syracuse the closest venue to NYC. Of course, it didn't happen.
That's it for August 9th.