Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

Powerless

First of all, Josh Johnson has been assigned to the Auburn Doubledays. He must be coming off his 50-day suspension.

Now for the sadness. I went to to stadium tonight. So did a lot of other people.





But there was a power outage, so we couldn't get into the stadium. A firetruck was on the scene helping rescue people caught in the elevator.

Fortunately, the Renaissance Faire people were there and worked the crowd.


I called Sandee to let her know the game was delayed. Then I saw my friend Nicki Greenwood and her family.

Oops. Didn't mean to post this one!
Nicki and I caught up. I had a lovely chat with her husband and her cutie-boy.

Chiefs Management thought the power would be back by 7:15pm. No such luck. So they postponed the game. Fireworks have been rescheduled for next Saturday (thank you, Jason Benetti, for that update.)

In the meantime, I ran into the Eisenson family and spent several minutes catching up with them, too.




When I got home (traffic lights were out, too, making driving a challenge), it started to rain.

So much for a beautiful night at the ballpark.

1 comment:

Nicki Greenwood said...

Ooh, busted sneaking a smooch! It was great seeing you tonight, Molly, and hopefully we can catch up some more at the next meeting! :)