Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Baseball & Friendship

August 18, 2011



My friend Josh, every now and then, graces us with his presence at a game and we always look forward to him joining us. As you can see from the picture above, he is entertaining (to say the least!). I asked him some questions while we were watching the game and it went something like this:


Full name: Silly the kid (aka Josh Zappola)


Occupation: Self Employed as a Landscaper and a Student of Landscape Architecture


Interests: BASEBALL, Football, SU Sports, running, his puppy, outdoors, snowshoeing and spending time with family and friends.


When I asked him why he liked baseball he said "Where can I sit outside, enjoy the weather, talk to cool people and watch a game? I can relax and watch an event unfold before me where I literally never know what's gonna happen next."


Josh is truly one of my favorite people on this planet and I admire his ability to be able to assess many situations with a cool and clear head - I have looked to him many times in our relationship for advice and know I can always count on him to see the forest through the trees (it's a landscaping thing).


So when I asked him what words of advice he might have to share, this is what he said...


"Always use both hands - it's a baseball thing"


On a serious note, he also said "Do what you can do within your power to make a good outcome. You have no control over anything but your own actions and reactions. Make sure that they help ensure the best possible outcome. Hence, always use both hands."


A big thank you goes out to Josh for being a good friend and making a good thing (watching baseball) even better by joining us at the game!!




No comments: