Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

Holiday Fireworks: Memorial Day Version

Sunday night was a fabulous night for a baseball game. Only a few intermittent sprinkles of rain reminded us we were in Syracuse. It was nice to see people sitting in the upper tiers of the stadium. I did miss Sandee and her husband, but my daughter, X-Chromo, and one of her friends sat with TV Stevie and me, and helped me cheer. We saw a lot of people we know. Holiday fireworks displays after the game are always popular with the casual fans. I loved seeing the players in the dugout watching the fireworks after the game.

The first base coaches last night were Carlos Maldonado and Chris McConnell. Carlos smiled and waved when we called out our hellos. There were so many fans in the stand, I'm not sure Chris heard us. Next time, Chris.

Fireworks began before the game was over. I somehow missed Randy Knorr's (manager) eviction from the game, but in the following inning, it was tough to miss Greg Booker (pitching coach) being tossed, followed by Cory Brown's ejection.

The Chiefs lost. Our fielding seemed off, allowing too many base hits. That's just my opinion.

I'm going to miss going to games this week. I'll try to listen to the radio (Sandee, you'd better be cheering your heart out!), but when I'm home, there's always something that needs my attention.

No comments: